Our legal beagles require us to give you this information.
FidoUniverse.com is intended to be a general purpose information directory.
The information provided is taken from a variety of public sources or provided directly by business owners or registered users of the site. This information is provided in good faith.
The content provided on FidoUniverse.com may have typographical errors or contain inaccuracies. While we work to make sure that the information is accurate, we make no warranty or guarantee as to its accuracy and do not accept any liability for errors or omissions.
The presence of a listing, review or any advertising on the site does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality or suitability of the products or services listed. Users of the site are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on the site before entering into any commitment or making decisions or taking action or not based on information contained on Fido Universe. It is your responsibility to verify references or qualifications of any provider of products or services listed on FidoUniverse.com. In using FidoUniverse.com, you agree that you are using the website solely at your own risk.
The content contained on FidoUniverse.com is provided free of charge with the condition that you agree to be the terms and conditions of use that follow here.
Last modified: Sept. 4, 2014.
- Fidouniverse.com may be taken down or changed as FidoUniverse LLC finds necessary or appropriate. Any service or materials is provided at our discretion. FidoUniverse.com and FidoUniverse LLC are not liable if the site is not available at any time or for any period.
- To register on this site, you have to be 18 or older (that’s 2.5 in dog years, if your dog is the one using the website).
- You are responsible for keeping your FidoUniverse password confidential. Any activity that occurs under your password is your responsibility.
- We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it while you use FidoUniverse.com. You should be aware that:
- We use log files, like most website servers do. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc., are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- We use outside ad companies to display ads on our site. These ads may contain cookies or web beacons or both to collect data in the ad serving process. This information is collected by our ad companies and we do not have access to this information.
- All user contributions and any website on which a link to FidoUniverse.com appears must comply with the standards listed below in item 10. When you register with FidoUniverse.com you will have opportunities to bark, yap, howl and wolf it up. By that we mean that you will be able to post, publish, display or provide information to others through the website. These include (but aren’t limited to) business listings, events, reviews, testimonials, photographs and guest articles.
- User contributions and linked sites must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. User contributions and linked sites must NOT:
a) Feature any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
b) Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, or hateful.
c) Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
d) Violate the legal rights (including the right of privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with these.
e) Be likely to deceive any person. This means that user contributions and linked sites must not create the impression that they are generated by or endorsed by any other person or entity if this is not in fact the case.
f) Promote any illegal activity or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
g) Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
11. When you post content on FidoUniverse.com, it is not considered confidential or proprietary. By posting such content or contributions to FidoUniverse.com you:
- Grant (or state that the owner of such material has expressly granted) to FidoUniverse.com a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such materials (wholly or partially) worldwide. Additionally, you are giving FidoUniverse the right to use or include this material in other works in any form, media or technology known now or developed in the future for the full term of any copyright that may exist on such material.
- Represent and warrant that you own or control all rights in and to the User Contribution and have the right to grant the license granted above to us.
- Permit any other user of FidoUniverse.com and its blog to access, view, store or reproduce the material for such user’s personal use.
12. We have the right to monitor the content posted on FidoUniverse.com and its blog, Ask Fido. We may at our sole discretion:
- Remove or refuse to post any user contributions for any reason.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that the material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectually property rights or right to privacy.
Cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting materials on or through FidoUniverse.com.
13. You may use FidoUniverse.com only for lawful purposes. You are prohibited from using the website to:
- Violate federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries);
- Attempt to exploit or harm minors by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or any other;
- Transmit or help send any advertising, promotional, junk or spam mail or similar solicitation;
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the website, or which we determine may harm FidoUniverse.com or its users or expose them to liability.
14. Your use of FidoUniverse.com must not in any way:
- Interfere with anyone else’s use of the website;
- Attempt for any reason using any method or process to monitor or copy any of the material on the website without our prior written consent;
- Use any method, process, software or devices that interferes with the proper operations of the site;
- Introduce viruses or any other malicious or technologically harmful material.
5632 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 490
Van Nuys, CA 91401
Phone: (818) 613-7553
Fax: (818) 989-7118